Development ManagerCompany: Scott Family Amazeum
Date Posted: June 28, 2017
The Amazeum seeks a strong manager with excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate will be both a self-starter who knows how to take initiative and a collaborative colleague who can work effectively in a very team-centered, rapidly changing environment.
The Development Manager works with team to secure financial philanthropic support for the Amazeum from a variety of sources including: individual donors, corporations and foundations.
Under the supervision of the Director of Development and Communications and in collaboration with the Membership Manager, implements an annual giving program targeted toward member and non-member households and community stakeholders including detailed creation and management of documents, prospect research, and donor related information
- Maintains active donor portfolio of individuals and small businesses with focus on mid-level gifts for annual fund and event sponsorships
- Solicits event sponsorship support from corporations, small businesses, and community organization
- Accepts, records, and acknowledges gifts
- Maintains donor and prospect information and obtains data from Versai software system including pledge schedules, patron records, contact reports and other confidential information
- Conducts prospect research, develops presentations, organizes and assembles proposals in order to secure philanthropic support that strategically aligns goals of donor and the Amazeum’s mission
- Prepares reports including financial records
- Prepares specialized donor correspondence; customized proposals; impact reports; thank you notes; letters and holiday cards
- Engages with board of directors and other community stakeholders
Special Event Support
- Works with Event Coordinator and special event committee to plan and execute the annual signature event
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of three years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising
- Experience in preparing event sponsorship or annual fund proposals
- Experience with gift recording, acknowledgement, and processing
- Experience working with database systems
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Interested applicants should submit employment application, resume and cover letter to Office Manager via email email@example.com or mailed to: Scott Family Amazeum, 1009 Museum Way, AR 72712. No phone calls, please.