Chief Executive OfficerCompany: Boys and Girls Club of Benton County
Date Posted: July 7, 2017
TITLE: Chief Executive Officer Boys & Girls Clubs of Benton County
PERFORMANCE PROFILE SOURCE: Executive Professional
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors of BGCs of Benton County
LOCATION: Northwest Arkansas / Bentonville, Rogers, Pea Ridge and Bella Vista
Exempt X Non-Exempt ❒
To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
Annual Budget: $2.1 Million
In accordance with the elements of competence established for Boys and Girls Club executives, the Chief Executive Officer is responsible for managing the strategic planning and operation of the Club, in support of organizational mission and goals. Works within the community as our chief fundraiser and champion for the Boys & Girls Club. Collaborates with the Board of Directors in developing organizational goals, attaining/allocating resources, and establishing policies. Provides direction to staff in carrying out the key roles assigned to them.
There are Five Clubs to manage and approximately 3,500 children attending the clubs throughout the school year and summer. We have a larger sports program consisting of Football, Basketball, Volleyball and Cheer. Our budget is approximately $2.0M annually.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
1. Ensure the effective operation and delivery of programs within the Club and community:
q Support the organization’s mission and principles
q Maintain an environment that facilitates the achievement of youth development outcomes
q Implement programs, services and activities that support youth development outcomes
q Establish and monitor adherence to policies and procedures
2. Implement a strategic planning process that results in the development and implementation of a quality strategic plan.
3. Identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement and implement plans for improvements.
4. Identify, recruit and develop effective board members.
5. Ensure active participation by board members and support effective board roles and
Functions. Ensure Board committees are provided with the information and support
to fulfill their objectives.
6. Ensure the annual budget is funded and organization has adequate cash flow.
7. Develop strategic plans to generate revenues through a variety of fund raising techniques. Identify, cultivate and solicit donors. Oversee planning and implementation of special events.
8. Provide guidance to staff and volunteers performing resource development functions.
9. Develop, implement and monitor the Club’s annual budget.
10. Implement administrative and operational systems to support effective operations.
11. Ensure productive and effective staff performance, providing guidance, feedback and opportunities for professional development.
12. Develop and implement plans for updating existing technology and resources:
q Ensure the acquisition and allocation of funds for implementing and updating existing
q Technology and resources;
q Ensure the maintenance of Club technology and information management systems.
13. Develop strategic alliances with community leaders and local officials. Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families, funders and community organizations.
Marketing and Public Relations
14. Increase visibility of Club programs, services and activities and maintain good public relations.
We have a very large corporate partner program in our community based on our proximity to Wal*Mart Stores Inc. headquarters. Our CEO will need to be an excellent communicator working with the corporations supporting Wal*Mart as well as actively working with the Wal*Mart Foundation. Additionally, we will need to increase the number of Jeremiah Millbank’s and individual giving donors within our community.
Internal: Maintain contact with Board of Directors, Club staff, volunteers, and club members and parents.
External: Maintain contact with potential and current donors, external community groups, parents, school officials, parents and school officials, and others as required.
q 4 Year Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
q A minimum of three years’ experience as an Executive Director with a demonstrated track record in Resource Development, managing programs or operations in a non-profit agency or Boys and Girls Club; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
q Thorough knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; the principles and practices of managing non-profit organizations; and resource development activities and sources of funding
q Demonstrated ability to plan and implement effective operations
q Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision-making
q Strong communication skills, both oral and written
q Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, community groups, and other related agencies
q Basic knowledge of asset management including financial resources and property
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org