Director of DevelopmentCompany: Sunshine School & Development Center
Date Posted: September 21, 2017
Job Summary: The Director of Development will serve as a key member of the leadership team and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting Sunshine School. With the CEO and development team, the Director of Development will be responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive strategy for fundraising and donor engagement. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build Sunshine School's visability, impact and financial resources. Specifically, the Director of Development will:
- Manage and suppor the development staff, including Events and Communciations Coordinator and Development Coordinator.
- Develop and implement strategies related to fundraising and development.
- Manage prospect research efforts, leading to implementation of a proactive program for prospect identification.
- Manage the stewarsship efforts for conveying appreciation and recognition of donors.
- Gudies strategic donor communications, acknowledgment, recongition and meaningful information regardin use of gifts.
- Implement systematic efforts to identify, solicit, steward, maintain and upgrade annual giving donors.
- Oversee, manage and/or plan special fundraising events (inlcuding annual art show, gala and peer to peer event).
- Provide leadership for external relationship building with a variety of constituencies.
- In collaboaration with CEO and program staff, oversee grants program; including creating a grant development plan, researcing prospective grants, working with approrpiate program staff to write grants and grant reporting and follow up.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Finance to assure effective communication, processes and fluditiy in tracking and reporting development revenue.
- Keep informed of best practices in the field of development.
- Bachlor's Degree, Master's preferred; or 10 years of proven experience in the development field.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive Crediential preferred.
- High energy and passion for the mission of the Sunshine School
- At least seven years professional experience with demonstrated success in a development function which includes grants managment as well as managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources.
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
- Strong organziation and time managment skills with execeptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Fleible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
- Familiartiy with donor database applications.
- Operate standard office computer applications and manage databases and spreadsheets.
- willingness and ability to work weekends and evenings as necessary.
- Must have a valid draivers license.