Director of DevelopmentCompany: Arkansas Athletes Outreach (AA0)
Date Posted: October 9, 2017
Position: Director of Development
Arkansas Athletes Outreach (AAO)
AAO DEVELOPMENT POSITION SUMMARY:
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all AAO fundraising activities including: the major sponsorships, individual donors, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
• Must embrace the Mission and Core Values of AAO.
• Have a background in sports, passion for sports, or family/kids very active in sports
• Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
• Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly in the supplier community, individuals and major gift fundraising.
• Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
• Have the desire to get out of the office and build relationships.
• Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
• Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
• Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
• A bachelor’s degree.
• 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Direct the annual “development budget and program”: program sponsors/donors; scholarship sponsors/donors; and three fundraising events
2. Have the ability and contacts to navigate successfully through and orchestrate effective fundraising activities within the supplier community.
3. Understand the Walmart grant cycle.
4. Coordinate 2-3 fundraising events: Corporate Game Day – Golf Classic – Block Party/3 on 3 basketball event.
5. Continually develop and grow an individual donor program: including identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospective donors and supporters.
6. Articulate the mission, programs, needs and impact of AAO with passion and conviction.
7. Oversee corporate and foundation grant proposals: including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
8. Direct capital campaign by working with board and formation of campaign committee
9. Oversee individual, small business, and corporate prospect research.
10. Work closely with Executive Director, and Board Chairman to continually strengthen the board with strategic members.
11. Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the mission and activities of AAO with the community.
12. Attend and help coordinate Staff/Board Development Committee meetings.
13. Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems: etapestry.
14. Oversee creation of publications either inhouse or outsourced to support fund raising activities.
15. Recognize donors and sponsors in simple yet thoughtful ways
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Brad Friess, email@example.com