Senior Campaign ManagerCompany: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Date Posted: December 5, 2017
Responsible for managing and implementing one large or multiple large fundraising campaign(s) or core event(s) in support of LLS' mission, and to achieve and exceed revenue goals for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) within the region and/or chapter's chartered area.
Reports to: Executive Director or assigned staff
Supervises: May supervise assigned staff
- Implement organizational best practices with regard to recruiting and managing high level volunteers, revenue generation activities, expense and fiscal controls and marketing/promotions and logistics resulting in chapter revenue growth and achievement of revenue goals.
- Oversee all aspects of large fundraising campign(s).
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, and timelines.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign.
- Ensure revenue goals are met by partnering with chapter leadership to identify, recruit, manage and steward volunteer committees and event participants.
- Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolutions of problems.
- Develop posititve volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools, and key donors to engage them in the LLS fundraising campaign(s).
- Manage and act as a resource to Campaign Managers, Specialist, and Campaign Assistants relating to their fundraising campaigns and efforts, as well as provide input for hiring, promotion, performance, termination of those supervised.
- Connect with vendors to secure the best rate or donation of services needed for the campaign(s).
- Develop/modify marketing materials (brochures, recruitment, promotional flyers, pledge forms) to promote the fundraising campaign.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years fundraising, sales, marketing, communications, event planning experience
- Previous experience as a Campaign Manager
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy & advocacy and research.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in nonprofit and volunteer management, with an emphasis on proven fundraising results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated experience in volunteer development and cultivation.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Highly organized and professional.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- Work enviroment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- Required to work evenings or weekends.