Director of DevelopmentCompany: Souls Harbor of NWA
Date Posted: December 7, 2017
Role and Responsibilities:
This position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating all fundraising for the organization including donations, corporate sponsorships, in-kind donations, fundraisers and grants. Responsibilities includes:
- Develop an annual fundraising plan and budget in conjunction with Executive Director to include a variety of fundraising strategies such as grants, planned giving, annual fund, major gifts, etc.
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Meet with prospective donors and ongoing supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communication (including recognition/appreciation) to promote long-term sustainable relationships.
- Direct the annual operational fund strategy including mailings, specific drives, and fundraising events
- Seek new grant funding as opportunities are found through corporate and foundation contacts
- Represent Souls Harbor NWA to area civic clubs, organizations, and professional groups in Northwest Arkansas through speaking engagements and other community activities
- Seek and continue active membership in various civic and professional groups
- Prepare and present fundraising reports for the Executive Director and Governing Board using donor database
- Track in-kind donations and ensure all donors receive “Thank You” notes and appreciation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Passionate about the Souls Harbor’s mission to help provide a healthy and positive environment for men in recovery to restore and renew their lives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 3-5 yrs of non-profit fundraising or 5-7 yrs of experience in non-profit fundraising.
- Strong relationship builder and persuasive communicator who strives for excellence.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Additional duties as assigned
Preferred Educational Requirements
- Educational background including an advanced degree in Business, Communications or a related field
- Salesforce database used to track donors
Job Type: Full-time
- Fundraising in a non-profit environment: 5 years
Submit Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org