Grant Writer- Part TimeCompany: Fayetteville Public Library Foundation
Date Posted: January 9, 2018
This position is responsible for grant writing and reporting with public agencies, private foundations and corporations. Specifically, the grant writer is responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
2. Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
3. Work with FPL departments to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
4. Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
5. Understanding of institutional history and programs. .
6. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Specialized knowledge of grant writing. High school diploma or equivalent, with education or training equal to two years of college, plus 2 years’ experience grant writing. Previous experience in non-profit fundraising preferred.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
AFP Membership, Grant Professionals Association Membership
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: Word Processing/Typing
Intermediate: Contact Management, Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet
Must possess strong written communication skills and the ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals. Must have strong editing skills, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and knowledge of fundraising information sources. Must have experience with proposal writing and knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies. Must have experience with institutional donors.
This position reports to the Development Director of the Fayetteville Public Library Foundation. It is 20 hours per week with flexibility in work hours. Some hours may be worked remotely.
Visit https://www.faylib.org/fpl-info/employment-opportunities for more information.